The IIT Delhi batchmates who co-founded online marketplace Flipkart in 2007 are the poster boys of the Indian e-commerce boom. They waited for shoppers in front of malls in Bangalore to hand in coupons to attract customers to their online book sales venture. From there, they expanded to multiple categories to become a large horizontal marketplace in India. They bought out cross-town online fashion retail rival Myntra and are locked in a close battle for retaining market leadership with their former employer Amazon. Along the way, Flipkart raised $3.15 billion from a host of investors including Tiger Global and Accel Partners, who value the company at around $15 billion.
- Chetram atariya on 2017-02-02 20:10:45
- Abhishek Ballaney on 2017-02-02 19:51:40
- Saurabh Singh on 2017-02-02 14:57:56
- Winni on 2017-02-02 14:25:20
- Aditi Nandan on 2017-02-02 12:56:36