As co-founder and executive director of Micromax, Rahul Sharma, a mechanical engineering graduate from Nagpur University, has been one of the rare success stories in India where a home-grown product firm has trumped global brands in a fast-growing category like mobile handsets. Micromax, founded in 2007, has emerged the tenth-biggest mobile phone maker in the world with sales of well over a $1 billion. The company recently faced growth pangs—there was an acrimonious tussle with former chairman and a huge investment from Alibaba is hanging in balance. All this has little effect as Sharma seeks to maintain the sales momentum for the next big thing – affordable 4G devices – not to forget his fast-approaching marriage with actress Asin.
- Chetram atariya on 2017-02-02 20:10:45
- Abhishek Ballaney on 2017-02-02 19:51:40
- Saurabh Singh on 2017-02-02 14:57:56
- Winni on 2017-02-02 14:25:20
- Aditi Nandan on 2017-02-02 12:56:36